Jan 16-17 - traveling for 24 hours straight
It was my last night in India and the bog boss at BioSync wanted us to go to a party that he planned at his friends' farm/ estate. The friend is this mega rich guy who makes money doing all sorts of things like building buildings and owning real estate. I guess he's one of the top 5 richest guys in the area, but he is simple in appearance. He dresses very simple and he was helping cook us dinner at the BBQ. I think it's a universal thing for all men to gravitate towards the BBQ. They burned these indiginous leaves to ward away mosquitos, but it was like camp fire smoke and us foreigners were more affected by it than the local mosquitos. I felt bad leaving Michael behind, but in my heart I knew that I had had enough of this part of India.
The ride to Mumbai was hellish as expected. The extra guy who came with me was this poor young engineer who just started in the company. He was all polite and happy to be coming and he said, "I like car rides"...which rang a bell in my head that maybe he doesn't get in a car much...It was true. About an hour into our trip I noticed that we were making more and more frequent pit stops along the way. They were giving directions that they were not to take any stops. It was because the poor kid was car sick and puking! Aww. I also wasn't feeling so hot cause of the start-stop motion and lumps and bumps along the way and I never get motion sickness.
When we finally got to the airport, I managed to find my way through the whole process with the assistance of an airport porter. I waited for 3 hours to board and was surprised to hear that we were stopping in Bankok (it wasn't in the itenerary). Thank goodness it was only a 1 hour stop and we remained on the plane. The next stop was Hong Kong. I waited there for 3 hours because there were two delays. Something was wrong with our plane - not something you want to hear twice!
When I got to Taiwan, I had been traveling for 24 hours straight. Needless to say, I was a bit tired and I just thought that it was a miracle that my luggage made it as well. Michael's parents and their family friends met me at the airport. I had another taste of the amazing race because we were tight on time due to my flight delays. We ran to a ran car and were driven to the High Speed Rail. We were running and just made it onto the train. We took the train to TaiChung and from there drove home. Michael told me he was watching the Amazing race last night and the contestants had to do the same thing at the same place we did!

No comments:
Post a Comment